I had a difficult time thinking of what to call this post. It was between God’s been good or I am blessed. Well, obviously you know what I decided.
In all honesty, I am blessed because God is good and God is good so that’s why I am blessed. 🙂
This past week with my eczema wreaking complete havoc in my life I’ve been crying out to God each night for some kind of relief, comfort, and strength. Everywhere I turned whether it was reading my Bible, listening to a sermon, or talking with someone the recurring theme was God’s goodness and how blessed we are no matter what struggle we’re going through. It has helped me refocus. I’m not better but God has really shown me a lot this past week.
I AM BLESSED…
1. Because of salvation and the assurance I will be going to Heaven one day.
2. I grew up in a Christian environment.
3. I am free from the scars and damage of the world because of God’s mercy.
4. I have no major regrets in life.
5. I have attended a Christian school or been home-schooled since 3rd grade.
6. I have a relationship with my parents-not saying its perfect but we understand and respect one another.
7. My parents are still married to each other.
8. My brother and sister have a desire to serve the Lord.
9. I have never gone hungry or been without a place to sleep at night.
10. I have my own bedroom with a bed and a closet.
11. I am surrounded by people who love me and pray for me.
12. Godly friends-at home and spread across the continent and globe.
13. I have all 5 senses-touch, smell, hear, see, taste.
14. I am healthy compared to the rest of the world.
15. I have a full-time job with benefits.
16. I have a car that starts every morning-it has AC, heat, radio, power windows, and power doors.
17. I’ve had my gains than losses and I’ve known more joy than hurt.
18. My church uncompromisingly believes and stands firm upon the Bible.
19. My youth director & his wife changed my life-through their love, sacrifice, and time they invested in me.
20. My extended family is not at odds with one another. We enjoy and cherish each others company.
21. I live in a nice, clean neighborhood. Not saying it’s always safe but I don’t live in the hood.
22. I discovered RU-a ministry I attend. I’m able to minister and be ministered to. It’s a blessing and encouragement to be surrounded by people heading in the same direction bearing each others’ burdens along the way.
src=”http://www.youtube.com/v/UODpfuRvNNk?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0″ type=”application/x-shockwave-flash” allowscriptaccess=”always” allowfullscreen=”true” width=”480″ height=”385″>
I decided to stop at 22 because that’s how old I am 🙂